Friday 25 March 2011

Not sure - Maybelline Orange Couture with my first nail art in a long time!

My life is so glam - I spent my Friday evening on my hands and knees scrubbing my living room rug! How thrilling! At least I got to paint my nails after though :)

These pictures are bad. Just a warning! I will take some better ones in the morning in natural light but I just wanted to get some done in case it chips in the meantime. I'm not sure about the colour. Actually I like it, just not on me! It's way too bright for me, or rather, way too bright compared to what I usually wear anyway. This was too coats and could have done with another but I was being impatient :p


I really must practice and find the right setting on my camera. In these pics the colour looks a little corally, but it really is a lot more orange on the nail.

And the little crackle hearts on my ring finger :) LOVE this idea, must admit I stole it from another blog, A Polish Problem although I didn't draw the heart freehand, I used a tape stencil and just did one central heart as accents on my ring fingers. Ok, I'm a 29 year old woman, maybe I shouldn't have little hearts on my nails, but I like them! I have been browsing Konads...dangerous territory!

I am a little down about this mani though. Firstly, I have a tear on my right thumb nail and my attempts at patching it are awful, so it's all lumpy and bumpy. I don't know whether to persevere with patching or put a falsie over it until it grows out because it is so far down it's going to HURT if it tears right off. I don't like using falsies because they damage the nail underneath and it's a slippery slope. Secondly, my fiance took the mickey out of the colour and my cute hearts, saying they were stupid and because of the crackle they don't even look like hearts. I could have cried. He just doesn't get that I want a hobby for myself instead of running around after everyone else all the time. *LeSigh*

Anyway, I'm not sure how long this will last as I'm not sure about it and I'm actually going out on Sunday evening for a meal and to the cinema and this will not go with the dress I'm planning on wearing at all. So if I get a chance to change it on Sunday afternoon I'll finally try out the nude colour I bought a week or so ago (maybe with a cheeky crackle heart or two ;) )

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!