Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween Week 4 - Bloody Funky French

Boo!

For my last Halloween themed nails I wanted it to look like I'd been tearing at bloody flesh with my fingers - nice image! I was originally going to leave my nails bare and just paint the tips over my clear base coat but the black I used under the googly eyes stained a little so I used 2 coats of Nails Inc Havana (swatch here) before drawing on the blood with Barry M Bright Red. I just used a dotting tool to make the blood drips and spatters. I did consider adding in a darker red, but left it so the blood looked "fresh".

 

A blurry shot my OH took for me - the scariest part of this pic is the fetching PJ top I'm wearing...

This is my last Halloween Week post, since Halloween is tonight! I was going to try a couple more manicures, but I liked the ones I had done so ended up leaving on them longer than I intended and didn't get time. I really wanted to do a Mummy style mani, with grubby bandages and red rhinestone eyes peeking out (have you seen this amazing Mummy water marble by Colette?) but I'll save it for next year I guess :)

Tomorrow I'll be starting on the 31 day challenge that I've seen lots of people doing. I definitely wont be posting every day as I just don't have the time, but I'm aiming to get it finished by mid-December so I can start rocking the Christmas nails :D Have you tried the challenge? I'd love to see if you have, leave a link in the comments.

Day 1 is red nails - and I have a fab polish in mind!

Do you have any plans for Halloween? I'll be taking the boys Trick or Treating, Ollie is a vampire and the baby is a pumpkin! I can't wait!

Hx
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love Halloween and your designs have been fun, enjoy trick or treating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ! Looks superb .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!