Saturday 10 December 2011

31 day challenge - day 30 inspired by a tutorial

I decided to use a tutorial from the blog that got me interested in nail art again, and of course it had to be the awesome Colette at My Simple Little Pleasures. The undisputed queen of water marbling! I didn't do a water marble here, but a drag marble. Here is Colette's tutorial:




And my version:



I used Nails Inc Belgrave Place and my Essence gold striper, before swirling it with a cocktail stick. It's a mess sorry, I couldn't find my cleanup brush (I am such a sucky blogger, sorry!) but you get the idea. I was a bit meh about it, I need better contrasting colours I think, and maybe a shimmer base coat rather than a cream.

Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge! I'm kind of glad, but kind of not! It's odd! If it wasn't Christmas I think I would struggle with manicure ideas for a while, but I have plenty of seasonal manicures in my head!

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!