Tuesday 21 February 2012

Purple Crumpet Spring Challenge - Day 5, A "Spring Clean"

Hola!

Today's PCFC was to go Spring cleaning and use an out of season colour. I started with two coats of Technic Curious Violet, which looks like a deep plum in the bottle, a dark indigo swatched on paper and plain black on the nail. meh. Anyway, I decided to try something I'd seen on the Facebook stamping group, Adventures in Stamping. Firstly, I applied matte top coat to the polish, and stamped in the same colour - the idea being that the stamped image would be shiny and the background matte. I really like the outcome, but man was it hard to get on camera!

Sorry this is so washed out! But you can see the stamping best here.


I love the subtleness of this. It looks like flocked wallpaper or something!

Tomorrow's challenge is pink polka dots, and I got a gorgeous pink in one of my birthday club packages this morning so I can't wait to use it. My finger is a little better now, although I'm still only painting one hand and typing like a spaz, so sorry if there are typos!

Hx
Pin It

3 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!