Saturday 24 March 2012

Purple Crumpet Spring Challenge - Butterflies

Hi everyone! Still here? Good! Only 14 challenges left!

I wanted to try and recreate the admiral butterfly design I've seen lots of people do, and followed Cutepolish's tutorial. I decided to stick to accent nails after the hand cramp that was patchwork day, and I actually like the gradient that I did and didn't want to cover it all over anyway. The gradient was done with 2 coats of Models Own Lemon Meringue (new favourite yellow) and No7 Mojo sponged from the tips. Then I added a coat of Finger Paints Motley for some added shimmer, and drew the wing design in Wet n Wild black creme and a nail art brush. I had hoped that the lines would be a bit more delicate, but I don't really do anything delicately... The white dots were done with a small dotting tool and Collection 2000 French White.



I'd like to do this again, maybe over a blue base. Maybe next time I'll be confident enough to so my whole hand instead of just accent nails!

Hx

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the colors that you chose and the sponging effect =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Helen, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, I love sponged mani's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute; I actually had these butterfly nails on yesterday for part of mine and Esme's challenge ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!