Sunday 12 August 2012

Adventures in Stamping - Using 2 or more stamps for Rockabilly nails

So, I thought my nails couldn't get any shorter. Apparently I thought wrong. Say hello to the super-nubs! I actually took the middle on down a bit too far and it's sore, but it'll soon grow out I guess. I'm trying to convince myself they're cute...

Anyway, this week's Adventures in Stamping challenge was to create a mani using two or more stamps, and I decided on this Rockabilly style mani based on one that I pinned from Nail Polish Wars a little while ago. I did two coats of a black creme polish, then topped it with Finger Paints Motley and a coat of Poshe to dry it quickly. Then I stamped the bow from BM317 on my little finger, the swallow from Konad Q1 (well my fauxnad version) and the little heart with wings from BM03 on the thumb with Konad special white, and then used my dotting tool on my index and ring fingers.




Excuse the mess, dry cuticles and shrinkage on the thumb. I have never gotten shrinkage with Poshe before, so I don't know what happened. Maybe it's because they're too short to wrap the tips at the moment, or maybe it's the flakie coat. Why do flakies take so long to dry?!

Hope you're liking the new layout. I made the header a little smaller and my pictures bigger on the suggestion of some friends (thanks ladies!) and I think I'll leave it at that :)

If you want to join Adventures in Stamping on Facebook, come and say hi here! We're really friendly, honest!

Hx
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!