Sunday 16 June 2013

Adventures in Stamping - 70s Inspired

Evening! Happy Fathers Day to all the Daddies and Ma-thers out there! I've had a lovely day shopping with my family, and popping my Nando's cherry ;)

This weeks Adventures in Stamping challenge was to be inspired by the 70s, and there have been some fab designs, so if you're not already a member pop over and check us out! When I think of 70s patterns and prints I immediately think of orange and brown - such a lovely combo! I actually used orange, white and red - and I'm pretty sure my Grandad still has a similar pattern to this on the curtains in his back bedroom! The orange is Barry M Hi-Shine Gelly in Mango, and the red Blood Orange. I started with two coats of Mango, then stamped the swirly, dotty pattern from Bundle Monster 209 with Konad Special White, and then again with Blood Orange. I was pretty pleased with my lining up of the pattern for most parts, something I usually struggle with.




Unusual combo, and I only kept it on for a day, but I liked it! I'm enjoying stamping on my nubs, it's much easier ;)

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!