Tuesday 3 September 2013

Lilypad Lacquer - My top 3 picks

Hi everyone!

I've had this post planned in my head for weeks now, but only just got around to actually wearing the third polish today, and since it's been a lovely sunshiney day I made the most of it! Lilypad Lacquer is the latest indie offering from Australia, and it's available to us UK beauties from the lovely Sally at Sally Magpies. I picked three beauties and I may just have to go back for more...I hope you love them as much as I do! Lot's of yummies ahead...

First up is True Blood. This is one of those polishes that you have to wear as soon as it arrives! I practically had the cotton pads in hand in anticipation as the postman knocked on the door! True Blood is an intense deep blackened purple/burgundy holographic orgasm in a bottle. I'm not even kidding. It's opaque in one coat but for true depth and wow factor, I did two, with topcoat. I had a real hard job narrowing down the photos for this one...be warned!







And a blurry one with flash, for good measure ;)


Next up, is possibly the pinkest thing I've ever seen. Bubble Yummo is a holographic neon pink. Yup. Holo. Neon. Pink. Best thing ever! Again, two coats and topcoat in these pics.







And with flash. How bright? I've been wearing this on my toes for about a week and a half now and every time I look at them I get a shock!


Last but not least is Orange A-Peel. The only fault I could find with this polish if I was really picky is the name, it reminds me of cellulite, ha! Anyway, everything else was pure orange perfection. Again two coats, but you might get away with one. You can tell there's a gap between wearing this one and the others because my nails are longer (thank you Duri Rejuvacote!)





Insanely bright with flash, so much so the rest of my hand looks black and white! #nofilter


So, there are my Lilypad Lacquer pics, what do you think? Some things to mention with these polishes - they have a slight matte finish when dry, so unless that's your thang you will need topcoat. They have great dry time, and wear time. I wore each of them for 3 days before any sign of tipwear, which is a miracle for me. I am in absolute love!

Do you own any Lily's you'd recommend? I need to look at the holo range I think...

Hx
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!