Tuesday 29 April 2014

Tri Polish Challenge April #5 - Hippy trippy brushstrokes

Hi!

Final pink, blue and yellow Tri Polish challenge, as it's the last Tuesday in April! I know I say this every month, but seriously, how? Anyway, for today's challenge I used some home-frankened sheer polishes in the vein of the OPI sheer tints. I kind of want the sheer tints, but I've heard bad things about the formula so decided to have a go at making my own! All in all, I was pleased with them although I think my blue could be a little more sheer. I'll get a post together on how I did it and their various uses when I've perfected them, but for today's mani I did a simple brushstroke base over two coats of Crabtree & Evelyn Snowdrop. Once that was dry I stamped over it with Konad white and MoYou XL Pro 10. Quite hippy trippy but I love it!




Soft and delicate...and slightly out of focus! Sorry about that!

Next month's colours are purple, red and green. I'm in two minds whether to do the whole month, I'm feeling guilty about my untried again! Maybe I'll do one or two, we'll see!

Hx



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I think this mani is wonderful - and so much fun! Your tints look like they work great, and your choice of stamping over them just flat out make me smile - love them! Look forward to hearing how your made your tints. Great photos and your nails are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get stampping with severa colours on the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used three different coloured polishes and just brushed them gently on a white base. Then I added my topcoat and once it was dry I stamped over it. Hope that helps!x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all :) I'll do my best to answer any questions, but if you just can't wait feel free to contact me via email or Twitter!